Government Contractor Accountant (Mid-Level and Senior-Level)
Job Overview: Metis GovCon Support, LLC is looking for Government Contract Accountants to support clients in supporting their accounting and software needs. We are seeking experienced, proactive, self-motivated, team players with an inquisitive, positive attitude and strong analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills. This position is full-time, virtual, with a weekly hour expectation of 32-40 per week. Hours are flexible. Part-time positions are also available.
Duties and Responsibilities – train and support government contracting clients in the following areas:
- Prepare accounts payable, track accounts receivable, and manage filing and record keeping.
- Prepare payroll and perform other accounting functions including preparing financial reports as needed.
- Develop reports and analysis for financial management of contracts.
- Contract management functions including opening and closeout of contracts, property reporting, patent reporting, and deliverable preparation and tracking.
- Manage administration of JAMIS accounting software system or QuickBooks/eFAACT accounting software system.
- Exercise initiative and sound judgment and react with discretion under varying conditions.
- Support clients with ad-hoc projects.
- Prepare Incurred Cost Submission (ICE) Proposal to Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and support any audits or inquiries.
- Prepare documents for external accounting firm in support of annual tax filing and financial audits.
- Support preparation of proposals to U.S. Government and other solicitations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 5+ years working in a government contracting environment or equivalent experience
- Experience working with government contracts cost accounting
- Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and the Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS)
- Accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to maintain detailed records
- U.S. Citizen or hold Permanent U.S. Resident status (i.e., green card holder), due to Federal contracting regulations
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working independently, with little supervision
- Experience assessing company needs and developing and implementing office and business policies and procedures
Preferred skills and qualifications include any of the below:
- Knowledge of JAMIS Software
- Knowledge of QuickBooks Software with eFAACT
- Certified Public Accountant designation
Location: Huntsville AL or Virtual
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Metis GovCon Support offers a competitive benefits package including health and dental insurance, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, vision insurance, SEP retirement plan (employer paid), flexible work schedule in a hybrid (office/virtual) format, and paid time off.
How to Apply: Please email your resume and application to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words “Job Inquiry” in the subject line and a brief summary of your qualifications for the position in the body of the email.
About Metis GovCon Support:
Metis GovCon Support is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, marital status, disability, public assistance, age, sexual orientation, local human rights commission activity, or veteran status.